The Maritime Research Centre (MRC), Pune in partnership with M/S NirDhwani Technology Pvt Ltd (NDT), will be organizing the summer school of 05 weeks duration starting from 12th June 2023. The event will be hosted at the Indo-Swiss Center of Excellence (ISCE) for Skilling on Underwater Studies, with an aim to promote the Underwater Domain Awareness (UDA) to addresses the aspect of Safe, Secure and Sustainable Growth in the maritime region with the purpose of
1. Project-based learning to solve real-world challenges and upskill the participants towards employability in maritime sector.
2. Promote User-Academia-Industry partnership to achieve global, national and regional aspirations of skilling and governance.
3. Digital transformation to enhance governance
The program aims to encourage participation from a variety of disciplines such as Science, Technology, Economics and Management and grab an opportunity to interact with subject-matter experts from national security, blue economic entities, environmental regulators and science and technology providers.
By offering a wide range of perspectives from different disciplines and industries, the summer school hopes to prepare participants to face real-world challenges, develop solutions through collaboration and innovative thinking.
Key features of the program
- A comprehensive curriculum that enhances the knowledge, innovation, peer learning, and upskilling of the participants through project-based research and analysis.
- Dive deep and interact with subject-matter experts, showcase your skills and projects to relevant stakeholders, boosting your employability in the field.
- Experience the practical implications of theoretical knowledge in real-world scenarios. This will be achieved through a one-week field trip to the Konkan Coast, which will expose the participants to the diverse maritime scientific and industrial base.
- Engage in Team-building activities and explore the enriching cultural and historical aspects of the program’s location, thereby creating a holistic experience that caters to the intellectual and personal growth of participants.
Have a sneak peek into our previous UDA Summer School Programs
Duration and Time
- Total 5 weeks
- June 12 to July 16, 2023
- The program will be held at Indo-Swiss Center of Excellence (ISCE) for Skilling on Underwater Studies, Pune
- Basic shared accommodation, daily meals and local transportation will be provided.
- Week 1: Introduction Lecture Series
- Week 2: Exposure to Cutting-Edge Innovations and Industry Requirements
- Week 3: Exposure to Maritime Skills
- Week 4: Field Visit to Multiple Marine Industries/Institutes in Konkan coast
- Week 5: Documentation and Presentation
Note: Please refer to the brochure here for week-wise details of the program.
The following students are eligible to apply:
- Students should be at least 18 years of age on the date of registration
- Students must be either in 2nd year of graduate program (in any discipline) or Graduates (in any discipline) or Post-Graduates.
- Young Professional
- Corporate Representative
Note: “Admission is on first come first serve basis”
For registering, pay the required fees to the bank account as mentioned below and then fill out the registration form mentioned below.
Application Start Date: April 22, 2023 (Saturday)
Application Deadline: May 15, 2023 (Monday)
Bank Details: Kotak Bank, The City Jewel Mall, Lami Road, Pune – 411030
IFSC Code: KKBK0001775
Account Name: Foundation for Underwater Domain Awareness
Account No. : 5812801111
Note: You will be required to mention your Transaction reference no. and Transaction date while registering.
An additional Rs. 25,000/- will be charged for logistics that will include basic shared accommodation, daily meals and local transportation as required. Participants will join the programme at Pune and depart from Pune at the end of the programme.
For applications submitted on May 11, 2023 and onwards, regular charges would be applicable as mentioned below:
(a) Students : Rs. 25,000/-
(b) Faculty Members : Rs. 35,000/-
(c) Young Professionals : Rs. 60,000/-
(d) Corporate Representative : Rs. 75,000/-
Note: In view of the limited seats available, we recommend that interested students apply early.